Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
Engineering complex systems, such as autonomous vehicles, requires a unique combination of broad vision, focus on the details, and the discipline to follow the design between the two. The systems engineering team at Argo AI is responsible for working with the broader team to develop a system-level technical plan across computing, sensing, networking, and system software that ensures that what we develop as a team comes together into a successful working system.
We are looking for an individual to put together the system bring up, verification and validation plan for Argo’s autonomous driving platform. This will include generating overall platform level test plans, safety validation and verification plans, setting pass/fail criteria, coming up with test infrastructure needs, and reporting overall testing status out to the broader team. This is a cross functional role working with module teams and external partners to ensure an overall verification and validation strategy and coverage of the electronics and software within the self driving system.
Successful candidates will be experts in crafting system level V&V plans to include hardware, software and the functions that span multiple modules. Additionally, successful candidates will use their applied knowledge of electronics and software level verification and validation methods to support developing functional safety verification and validation activities. They will also be excellent cross-functional communicators.
What you’ll do:
- Help to develop the DVP&R (Design Validation Plan and Report) for Argo’s autonomous driving system
- Develop functional safety verification and validation plans to link all test, review and simulation activities
- Establish processes and best practices for test plan creation, execution and reporting of results
- Collaborate with the platform architecture team to trace test cases to requirements, set pass/fail criteria, and refine requirements based on test outcomes
- Develop Test specifications in conjunction with platform architecture, electronics, software, simulation and test teams ensuring reviews are completed to support functional safety activities
- Develop and define test plans across all aspects of testing including but not limited to functional, fault injection, environmental and signal integrity checks
- Collaborate with the vehicle design team to create a power, thermal and environmental test plans
- Analyze overall verification and validation plans at all levels system test plans for coverage gaps and create mitigations for gaps
- Coordinate and lead activities with OEM partner
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience developing or validating high-performance complex systems, including the verification and validation of hardware, software, sensing, and actuation components
- Experience verifying and validating functional safety systems
- Ability to easily communicate Verification and Validation approach considerations and decision points to the broader engineering team
- The ability to script and automate testing with Python, CANoe, Simulink, or similar tools
- Familiar with automotive communication protocols such as CAN, Ethernet and LIN
- The ability to put together comprehensive test reporting and report out to the broader organization
- Experience with test planning and reporting tools such as Jira, Bugzilla or Polarion
- German language knowledge is preferred
- Willing to support North American time zone
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.