Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Visualization team is responsible for the applications and frameworks that visualize large amounts of engineering data (camera, lidar, radar etc). Our products are deployed in the vehicle to deliver a great passenger experience, to vehicle operations to support remote operations and our frameworks are used by engineers across the company to increase productivity during the development process.
Experience building awesome engineering tools, working in large codebases and a passion for great user experiences are highly desired.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build and maintain our visualization platform and target applications delivering to multiple platforms including desktop, embedded, and web
- Further develop our visualization frameworks, rendering engine and associated applications that can be leveraged by other teams to support their visualization needs during the development process as well as for inspecting and authoring data
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to the Visualization team and other teams that use the Visualization platform
- Drive and perform best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross- team critical programs
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Robotics or a related field
- 5+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions
- Strong software skills in modern C++ (14, 17, 20)
- Comfortable with development on Unix-like systems. We use Linux and MacOS
- Experience working in a large and rapidly evolving production code base
- Strong presentation and communication skills are desired
Nice to haves:
- Experience with modern design architectural patterns for user interfaces
- OpenGL experience is strongly desired — although experience with any real time rendering API is helpful
- Experience working with a modern, cross-platform GUI toolkit such as Qt, GTK, wxWidgets. We use ImGUI
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.