Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Procurement team is responsible for ensuring that Argo AI’s engagements with third parties are conducted in an efficient, responsible and compliant manner. This includes engaging with, negotiating and contracting with suppliers to acquire goods and services in light of the best total cost of ownership; monitoring supplier performance, supporting compliance to business protocols; and leveraging technologies to support a streamlined, efficient Procurement Function. The Senior Procurement Specialist will directly support the day-to-day Source-to-Contract and Purchase-to-Pay processes ensuring that stakeholder requests for goods and services are timely executed and supplier payments are correctly and timely posted and paid. This role will primarily support Indirect Sourcing Categories including IT Hardware, IT Software, Professional Services and Human Resource Services.
What you’ll do:
- Source-to-Contract: Liaise with stakeholders to define and clarify requirements, identify potential suppliers, manage sourcing events (including the issuing and evaluation of the RFx), collaborate with stakeholders on supplier selection, build and drive consensus amongst teams (e.g. IT/Cyber, Legal, Accounting/Finance) to obtain executive buy-in on solutions, and negotiate and execute contracts and SOWs that reduce exposure to risks;
- Support and collaborate cross-functionally and across regions/countries to implement supplier solutions and programs within relevant time, cost and quality parameters;
- Purchase-to-Pay: Enter purchase orders in NetSuite, execute orders via Purchasing Card or Open Account and support the timely completion of supplier payments while supporting Accounting/Finance/Logistics to address price and quantity variances;
- Support the Enterprise Risk and Compliance Programs for Procurement via execution of Supplier Risk Assessments and on-time completion of assigned compliance controls;
- Responsible for on-going vendor master data maintenance;
- Support and lead Procurement efficiency projects with oversight from leadership;
- Update relevant dashboards and trackers and create ad hoc reports to analyze data;
- Contribute to objective development and actively drive the achievement of defined objectives; and
- Support on-going continuous improvement initiatives both within Procurement function and with cross-functional teams.
What you'll need to succeed:
- In depth understanding of Sourcing and Contract Management Processes
- Understanding of Purchase-to-Pay process and experience entering purchase orders in an ERP system
- Proven ability to drive and execute projects and programs with minimal to no supervision
- Experience with procedure and policy writing, and implementing internal controls and risk mitigation plans for the Procurement functions
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities with some oversight from leadership
- History of contributing to effective cost reduction, spend avoidance, and demand management initiatives
- Ability to manage all aspects of a low risk contracts independently
- Ability to handle a moderate volume of complex contracts with minimal guidance and build consensus amongst various stakeholders with varying priorities
- A relentless attention to detail
- A team player and “can do” attitude
- Fluent in English, both written and oral
Nice to haves:
- Master’s Degree
- Knowledge of high technology, robotics, computing or aerospace industries
- Ability to read and understand German (i.e. conversational)
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.