Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Firmware Platform team is responsible for designing and implementing the embedded software platform that enables the development of safety critical applications in a distributed embedded system architecture. The embedded software platform includes the real time operating system, device driver, middleware for network and other I/O, HW/SW-based safety and security mechanisms, etc.
Engineers in the Embedded Onboard Infrastructure team will be based in Munich, Germany, Pittsburgh, PA and Detroit, MI.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement, and test state-of-the-art safety-related embedded software, libraries, algorithms, and tools for our self driving system
- Develop device drivers and middleware for interfaces like CAN, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, etc
- Bring-up and debug new hardware using tools like Lauterbach debugger, logic-analyzer, etc.
- Collaborate with engineers across a variety of teams
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering / Computer Science / Robotics or related field.
- 5+ years experience in developing safety-related embedded real-time software for micro controllers.
- 5+ years experience in adapting and configuring AUTOSAR BSW and MCAL as well as developing complex AUTOSAR CDDs.
- Proven experience in C. C++ embedded development is a plus.
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment.
- Passionate about writing clean, safe, efficient and testable software.
- Enthusiastic about software design and driving topics from early development to delivery.
- Good experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them.
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company.
- Open to occasional travel to remote offices.
Nice to haves:
- Experience developing complex systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical, energy, or similar.
- Hands-on experience with automotive projects and tools (Infineon AURIX).
- Experience in safe software development (for example ISO-26262, IEC-61508, MISRA, and/or safety critical system design and best practices).
- Knowledge of Bazel, Python and tools for test automation.
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.