Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Vehicle Integration Team at Argo AI is responsible for ensuring the various hardware components of the self-driving system are properly integrated into our fleet of autonomous test vehicles. This includes working closely with our hardware engineers to ensure components themselves and their mechanical and electrical integration meet supplier and system level requirements. We also lead vehicle builds and support the bring up and commissioning of various test assets such as test benches, breadboards, and HIL labs.
What you’ll do:
- Work with hardware engineers to ensure components of the self-driving system are properly integrated into the vehicle platform including: computers and networking devices; lidar, radar, camera, ultrasonic and inertial sensors; actuators, cooling, cleaning, and power distribution systems
- Interpret electrical and mechanical schematics/drawings to ensure appropriate installations and design considerations.
- Work with systems, hardware, and software engineers to develop and perform vehicle end-of-line functional checks
- Develop procedures for flashing various firmware, software, and configuration files
- Utilize diagnostic tools to troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise during prototype and pre-production builds
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field
- 3+ years of experience in an applicable engineering position with integration responsibilities
- Experience working with sensors and compute modules
- Experience testing and validating above components and validating system integration
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, including a systematic approach to determining root cause, implementing corrective actions, and documenting results
- Strong desire to learn new skills related to technology and software
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to span a large and varied workforce
- Proven self-starter mindset and the ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
Nice to haves:
- Master’s degree in an engineering field
- 5+ years of experience in an applicable engineering position with integration responsibilities
- Experience with Linux operating system
- Experience with common programming languages
- Experience working with automotive communications protocols (CAN, CAN-FD, BroadR-Reach)
- Experience creating and maintaining electrical schematics
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiative
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.