Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
As the foundation of Argo AI engineering, the Software Factory team is poised to build the most productive engineering team in the world with an engineering system that scales. We build and develop the build system backend and frontend, infrastructure, CI and tooling that touches all phases and all aspects of software development: from source management to deploying to individual AVs roaming around different cities, from distributed building/testing to orchestrating container based integration tests in the cloud, from customizing and installing OSs and firmware to building CLI and web based applications.
In Software Factory, we work with C++, Python, Java, Go, Typescript, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Jenkins, Linux, embedded systems, etc. Our team is impactful and high-leverage: we make the entire engineering organization more productive. You will have visibility into every other engineering team and their systems, and you'll engage in helping and mentoring them.
What you’ll do:
- Build and lead a geographically distributed team of software engineers
- Empower engineers to get to full autonomy faster by providing initiative and technical leadership to build reliable, high-quality solutions that scale with Argo’s engineering processes
- Facilitate the upward reporting of our software engineering systems to engineering leads and leadership
- Plan and manage sprints, quarterly objectives, and the long-term team roadmap
- Design and implement scalable distributed systems to facilitate the development of self-driving vehicles
- Scale the reliability and velocity of our systems and processes through increased automation
- Participate in an on-call rotation and culture of continuous improvement through blameless postmortems
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Great leadership skills especially towards building high performing, agile and lean teams using modern leadership concepts
- Professional experience in at least one of Python, C/C++, Golang
- Passion about paramount engineering practices, automation, efficiency, quality, and developer happiness!
- Solid software engineering fundamentals and strong communication
Nice to haves:
- You love build tools (Bazel, BuildBarn, Cargo, etc.)
- You are enthused by software quality (unit testing, SCA, test-automation)
- Experience working with modern build and CI systems (e.g. Jenkins, Buildkite, TeamCity, GitLab)
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes, especially for running GPU workloads
- You are familiar with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience with OS(Linux) kernel or driver
- Experience with embedded systems (Yocto, PetaLinux) or firmware development
- Experience with Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Terraform, etc
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.